Re: Debian style net-install ISOs (from FudCON Raleigh)

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 18:01 -0500, Michael DeHaan wrote:

> Thoughts?

One thing that's missing is decent support for having the Internet
connection directly on the machine, i.e. we can't rely on a DSL router
being present which provides the Internet connection. To do that we'd
need the PPPoe bits in the installer image and appropriate code in
anaconda. Bonus points if the upgrade method would pull the DSL
configuration bits from the already installed OS.

NB: I guess something similar goes for cable modems.

Nils
--
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp redhat com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759