GUI root login and NTFS mounts?

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Tue Jul 1 04:19:40 UTC 2008

When I login as root with the GUI my NTFS file systems get mounted.

And if I logout and login as a normal user they are still mounted.

This seems like it may be a bug to me.

If I login first as a normal user they aren't mounted.

What is mounting them and how can I control if a file system gets mounted or
not?

They aren't listed in /etc/fstab and they get mounted under /media.

I would like to figure this out so I don't have to login as root to mount
them.

And I don't want them all mounted either.

Thanks!

Jerry Williams