Re: yum docs help (seth vidal)

Hi there.

It would help me (and no doubt others as well) if you could add a section on pup / yum-updatesd. In my experience these seem to be doing do something network-related outside of yum when determining if updates are available - all my repos are local.

For example sometimes I get notified that "updates are available" via pup / yum-updatesd KDE panel applet, but running "yum update" yields "no updates available". I use rsync to synchronise my local repos to (geographically) local internet mirrors and even these haven't changed, leading me to suspect that the changes pup / yum-updatesd see haven't even hit the local mirrors yet.

Philip Ashmore