Re: Request to re-add option to disable SELinux

Jon Masters wrote:
On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 17:16 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
SELinux should be disablable is the wrong discussion. The discussion you should
be having is "I've filed a few bugs where SELinux didn't magically do the right
thing, how do we fix them and can we make these less likely to occur in future"

I think the only way to "fix" it for the foreseeable future is to
simplify policy, so that only a very limited set of services are
confined. Then, when the graphical tools and user experience have
eventually caught up, it'll be trivial to switch policy again.

selinux-policy-targeted is precisely that.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com> www.lordmorgul.net
 gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29