Re: Request to re-add option to disable SELinux

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 13:27 -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
> Suren Karapetyan wrote:
> > I just can't understand why it was removed.
> > If the answer is "to make it more secure" maybe we should also set root
> > fs encryption on by default and remove the checkbox?
> > It will become more secure...
>
> You cannot immediately and easily turn that off after installation; you can with
> selinux, so these are nowhere near the same thing.
If You're smart enough to edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux and turn it off
You're not far from decrypting the system.

Anyway that wasn't even my main point.
Whom did that damned combo box upset so much it needed to be thrown
away?

EVERYBODY who used to disable SELinux when the combo-box was there will
STILL disable it. We didn't get ANYTHING from removing that *feature*.
It just makes the lives of some of us harder.