Re: Request to re-add option to disable SELinux

Suren Karapetyan wrote:
On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 13:27 -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
Suren Karapetyan wrote:
I just can't understand why it was removed.
If the answer is "to make it more secure" maybe we should also set root
fs encryption on by default and remove the checkbox?
It will become more secure...
You cannot immediately and easily turn that off after installation; you can with selinux, so these are nowhere near the same thing.
If You're smart enough to edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux and turn it off
You're not far from decrypting the system.

Anyway that wasn't even my main point.
Whom did that damned combo box upset so much it needed to be thrown
away?

EVERYBODY who used to disable SELinux when the combo-box was there will
STILL disable it. We didn't get ANYTHING from removing that *feature*.
It just makes the lives of some of us harder.

I agree it should be there once installed, but I don't think it needs to be there before/during installation. Installation should be simple and selinux is anything but; asking whether to turn it on or off there makes no sense.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com> www.lordmorgul.net
 gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29