Java status?

Hello All!
Currently we have 3 java implementations - GCJ, OpenJDK/IcedTea, ecj.
Even more, we got  java-1.6.0-sun for EPEL.

Could someone summarize current status of these realizations
(fortunately, there is a dedicated wiki-page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Java )? Capabilities, standards
compliance, other pros and cons.

I'm interested because some packages still built with GCJ, and I'm
curious why they still not rebuild with (for example) OpenJDK?

Another question - what's the future of GCJ/ECJ in Fedora? Will they
be superseded by OpenJDK?

--
With best regards!