Re: fish uses old xsel

On 07/05/2008 09:30 PM, Debarshi Ray wrote:
Ok.

In the meantime it looks like the tarred xsel in fish is a reason for
the FTBFS bug #440724. I tried building fish on my GCC 4.3 tainted
Fedora 8 system and it found a missing header for sigsetjmp in xsel.
Any idea how we are supposed to patch an uncompressed tar archive
shipped inside a compressed one?
1.using a private version of another piece of software is definitely a no-no for fedora. either submit it separately, or arrange for the existing one to be patched. and make use of the blocker bugs to notify that one bug blocks/is blocked by another one

2. untar, patch, use. (and add a comment in the spec)