Kernel 2.6.25 (F8/F9) problem

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Sun Jul 6 02:52:26 UTC 2008

On Saturday 05 July 2008 09:32:51 am Christopher Brown wrote:
> 2008/7/2 Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com>:
> > On Wednesday 02 July 2008 05:40:59 am Dario Lesca wrote:
> >> On this kind of server (HP ProLiant DL380 G5)

> >> It's NOT possible install then use F9 and F8+update.
> >>
> >> This is a HP common server, since there is the problem for over a month,
> >> means that no one is using Fedora 8 + update or Fedora 9 on this kind of
> >> server.
> >>
> >> If someone was able to run Fedora 8 + Updates or Fedora 9 on these
> >> servers, please let me know how to do.
> >
> > Please file a bug. We do have DL380 G5 hardware here in the lab. It
> > typically gets used for RHEL testing, but I'm sure someone can get Fedora
> > on one and see what they can see. This hardware definitely needs to work
> > come RHEL6 time, so fixing it in Fedora sooner than later would be
> > good... Please feel free to add me (jwilson at redhat.com) to the cc list
> > when you open the bug.
>
> With all due respect, the hardware _definitely_ needs to work with Fedora
> 9.

Oh, I completely agree that it needs to work in F9 as well, didn't mean to
suggest it wouldn't get fixed in F9. The RHEL reference was because I work in
the RHEL kernel group, and if there's a clear need to fix it for RHEL's sake,
its easier for me to justify spending any time during work hours working on
it. :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com