Re: Having problems with koji builds using mesa-libGL-devel

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 12:45 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
> Hi, I am getting X crashes on one of my applications.  It seems that
> all it needs is a recompile, however, it needs to recompile against
> mesa-libGL-devel 7.1-0.35.fc9.  This is all good when I do a build
> using mock, however when I try to build using koji it picks up version
> 7.1-0.37.fc9 and I continue to get the X crashes.
>
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/xwnc/0.3.3/5.fc9/data/logs/x86_64/root.log
>
> Why does koji use the .37 version of mesa-ligGL-devel instead of the
> .35 version like mock does?

And the fix for your package will be the same as was done for Xvnc: link
the server with -Wl,--export-dynamic.

I was only vaguely aware that this package existed.  I'm happy to see
that it's got cvsextras+, so in the future when the X build system
changes I'll try to remember to include it in the rebuilds.

- ajax