New PackageKit and gnome-packagekit in F9 soon

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:18:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've built new builds of PackageKit and gnome-packagekit and moved
> them into updates-testing. The new major version is hopefully much
> better from a UI perspective and hopefully much more stable but is an
> API break from 0.1.x.
>
> The builds for F9 are here:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=54830
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=54886

I have been testing them since I saw them in koji.
1) Seems to be better than 0.1.x branch UI wise

Some things that needs to be improved:
1) The "getting information" applet shouldn't show up unless there are
updates or work being done, but the "getting information" after login
/ connecting to a network is pointless.
2) I tryed to delete multple package at once but after pressing the
apply button it started to resolve deps in the background without
showing any feedback to the user for ~30 sec
(the user might think it did nothing and keep clicking on  the apply button),
3) The rpm post script is noisy (some media stuff can't remember)