Re: Request to re-add option to disable SELinux - compromise

drago01 wrote:
The whole discussion is pointless ... the option is not gone you *can*
disable it after install if you want.

You *could* disable it at install time too, easily. It would likely install faster as well.

Let me repeat this again you *can* still disable it if you want,
nobody is forcing you to use it.

Yes, I know that.

Asking everything at install time is just wrong and confusing for average users.

I agree. That's why my proposal doesn't ask anything at install time, thus the average user doesn't have to confront the issue. As a parallel example, I offer how xfs/jfs/reiserfs are available, but the user isn't prompted.

In my solution the average user wouldn't be confused at all because they wouldn't see it--just like they don't see xfs/jfs/reiserfs options.

Add adding some hidden anaconda option only to save 1-2min for people
that want to disable something doesn't make sense to me.

Well, it would actually save more than 1-2 min. And it really isn't a hidden anaconda option, it's just having anaconda pass that to grub. Anaconda already has some support for this, it just doesn't pass it to grub. It may be a simple one-liner in anaconda.

-Jeff