Re: noarch and %{_libdir} issues on 64-bit platforms

On Monday 07 July 2008 18:41:31 Peter Lemenkov wrote:

> If someone tries to package executable script (arch-neytral) which must be
> placed into %{_libdir}/something (for example, nagios-plugin which must go

> How to overcome this issue and package utility as noarch?

I guess the problem here is that you want to put the executable
below %{_libdir}, afaik executables should go below %{_libexecdir}. But I
guess that nagios needs to be patched to use %{_libexecdir}, which is the
same for i386 and x86_64 afaik and should not hurt, because %{_bindir} is
also the same on both archs.

Regards,
Till