mobile broadband support

I have a Novatel Wireless S720 mobile broadband card. It's working, but does anyone know how to get a signal strength displayed for it? I'm flying blind with it. I can't tune my external antenna except by gauging the relative speed of downloads between one antenna position and another. Rather primitive. I've been googling this but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks,
Gerry