Re: InstantMirror Redesign / current best /simplest way to achieve

A long, long time ago, Kulbir Saini wrote:
         Thank a lot for noting down all those points. They helped me to have
a more clear idea of InstantMirror. And thanks for the encouragement
as well :)

Hi, wondering what is considered _the_ current approach for making an internal Fedora proxy mirror ?
Does the MirrorManager 0.4 code actually work, eg for 5 PC's ?

Did something else {other than full rsync mirroring} emerge to solve this type of problem ?

I was wondering if an automated way to get the clients to use the proxy / cache would by to implement dns entries for the real yum server names, that point to your internal ~mirror server; and hence bypass requiring individual machine proxy setup ?

Regards, DaveT.