Re: InstantMirror Redesign / current best /simplest way to achieve

Gary Thomas wrote:
Warren Togami wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:

I wanted to try InstantMirror, but was in a rush. I just used a basic
squid setup.

Are their any advantages of using it as a reverse mirror vs. regular
squid usage?

Regular squid wont be able to effectively cache if MirrorManager is telling you to use random mirrors. If you use MirrorManager you could receive the same local (reverse proxy) mirror as the first mirror every time if yum is used from your network block.

refresh_pattern repodata/.*$    0       0%      0
refresh_pattern .*rpm$    0     0%      0

Also with any squid.conf you will need these lines in order to guarantee that your repodata and RPMS stay consistent with your upstream source. This is because proxies do not handle data changing without changing the filename.

Since you seem to have this all figured out, could you share
your squid.conf?

Thanks

Unfortunately my squid.conf is a bit too complex to such a point that I don't understand how it works anymore. The reverse proxy configuration part is also different between squid in RHEL and the newer squid versions in Fedora. Search around for the magic options...

Warren