Re: pm-utils for F8 and Advanced power management

2008/7/8 Till Maas <opensource till name>:
> Are you sure that you know what the value means? My drive reports this:

Yes I've monitored it, it increments every few seconds when the system
is idle. If I do something to keep the disk active, it does not
increment. If I set the power save level up to 254, it stops
incrementing. I'm certain the value is accurate.

> 193 Load_Cycle_Count        0x0032   071   071   000    Old_age
> Always       -       2990488599305
>
> I do not believe that the value is exactly the number of load cycles that my
> drive already had.

Google the interwebs for more information. Some drives seem to report
impossibly high, thus completely bogus numbers. It would appear yours
is one of them.