Re: Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

seth vidal <skvidal <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
> On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 13:52 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > I hope packages which FTBFS (only) due to this and/or the patch fuzz issue
> > won't be considered for the FTFBS package elimination in a week, otherwise
> > we'll end up with half the distro removed!
>
> You say that like it is a bad thing... :)

It is! Sorry, but in the real world, people want software, not some minor
cleanups they couldn't care less about if they weren't forced by the latest
RPM, GCC or whatever. ;-)

And in this case, it would be even worse because this change is about to hit
Rawhide now that the FTBFS deadline is looming and that several people are
likely already on their summer vacation. So the fact that a package fails to
build due to the new RPM is a very bad indicator of maintainer
(non-)responsiveness at this point.

        Kevin Kofler