Re: Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Dimi Paun wrote:

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 13:51 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
At long last, we are about to get a brand new RPM version (alpha
snapshot at the moment) into rawhide. The list of changes from 4.4.2.x
is massive and a full summary needs a separate posting (will follow as
time permits)

Thanks Panu,

This is way cool! I'm glad to see so many needed changes being
addressed. I'd be interested in the full list of changes,
if you can find the time to put it together.

This is nowhere near complete, but it's a start: http://wiki.rpm.org/Releases/4.5.90

Wl'll be updating it as time permits, collecting over a years worth of development (over 2300 commits since 4.4.x was branched to maintenance mode) into something remotely structured and understandable is a non-trivial task :)

	- Panu -