Re: pm-utils for F8 and Advanced power management

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 09:02:30AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Maybe I'm unusual, but I rarely reboot my laptop cleanly. I'm not sure I'd
> want X weeks of logs to go away.
>
> Are there any sorts of mechanisms to do per-directory or per-file writeback
> caching, so that /var/log/ could be set to 'sync only every 15 minutes',
> or similar?

Not that I can think of. Implementing it in rsyslog might be the easiest
option, though that would still leave apps that do their logging by
hand. Maybe we should just fix them all up to use syslog when possible.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org