Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 2008-07-10

2008/7/11 Brian Pepple <bpepple fedoraproject org>:
<snip>
> === F10 Features ===
> * FESCo approved the following Features for F10:
> ** https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GoodHaskellSupport
<snip>

The logs show questions about whether this is a feature or not.  Being
able to support a programming language and environment is definitely a
feature.  Being able to claim that we have the most up to date Python
or Perl, compared to say Debian Stable is definitely a feature we
gain.

In this case, we've supported Haskell for a while, and the people
involved have done a great job.  The "Feature" is to provide much
better library support so that we have a real platform for it.  Once
the guidelines are accepted, we can start including a wide variety of
libraries.

-Yaakov