Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 21:35:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 10:19 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> There's absolutely nothing blocking you from sitting down with a
> checkout of current code

I did that.  And then this huge update comes out of the blue (to me
anyway) due to the total disconnect between upstream SCM management and
our management.  Not that I was complaining about the update in my
previous mails, I was complaining about the statement that since it
needs stabilized that it can't even tolerate some new headers (that
being all I asked for).  But I do find it to be a fitting example of why
our SCM practices are in need of updating.

>  and starting to make your changes so that you
> can submit some code against the updated branch to the rpm maintainers
> when the current release is out the door.  No, it will not get into F10
> but I highly doubt that Fedora Policy to allow using source control
> repos interchangably with tarballs would be approved in time for F10 either.

Good God, how long does it take you guys to make a policy decision?
Should I submit a proposal and plan to argue it until F12 or some such
crap?

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194