No answer to easy bug policy

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 08:12:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 02:04 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> There are several occasions where the individual maintainers are still
> active and working on some software packages while not fixing trivial
> bugs on other software packages.

Surely the maintainer in question knows the package well enough to
decide whether to merge patches? For instance, I might push a patch
upstream and hold off applying it to fedora as it's trivial and will get
updated at the next version bump of my package in a few weeks.

This all seems so very beurocratic to me.

Richard.