Re: Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 23:38 -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> 2008/7/11 Doug Ledford <dledford redhat com>:
> > On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 12:57 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> >>
> >>  A look at the rpm git
> >> tree will show you that.
> >
> > Gee, I looked at Fedora's rpm CVS...wasn't a single bit of indication of
> > *any* activity of any sort there...makes a nice example of just how
> > broken and disconnected from modern SCM management our system currently
> > is.
>
> Doug, no offence, but I find it hard to believe that you didn't see:
>
>     https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-December/msg00003.html

Wasn't subscribed in December (recently added a number of fedora
subscriptions to me email load).  My day job is on RHEL and I'm *making*
time for Fedora...back then I didn't need the additional email load.

> or:
>
>     $ rpm -q --queryformat="%{url}\n" rpm
>     http://www.rpm.org/

What I've been hearing for eons is that upstream rpm has gone rogue
(well, not exactly, but my own simplification and paraphrase).  That
kinda makes one wonder if they should bother looking.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford redhat com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at