Re: Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

Doug Ledford <dledford <at> redhat.com> writes:
> The distinction between upstream development and Fedora development is
> artificial.  And it's a nice way to keep upstream developers from having
> any interest in managing their own packages.  Congratulations on that.

Nonsense. Upstream developers don't want to do development in Fedora's SCM.
They want to do development in their own SCM, make platform-independent
releases and then package those releases (or get them packaged) for Fedora and
other distributions. I don't see why tarballs wouldn't be an appropriate format
for such releases.

        Kevin Kofler