Re: No answer to easy bug policy

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 10:59:24AM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 02:04:47AM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/CollectiveMaintenance
I have hopefully adressed th ecomments, by stating that this is a policy
for bug fixes, not easy bug as such. Also added a 3 weeks delay before
the procedure is started, precise a bit what is a bug easy to fix and
put explicitely the cleaning of blocker bugs on the reporter.

Still on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/CollectiveMaintenance

Instead of orphaning, what about adding comaintainers? That makes for more responsibility on the part of the person who thinks that the bug is an easy fix to evaluate this in terms of correctness, the future effects of the patch, and what is going on upstream.

The intro covers that:

"If this occurs over a long period of time, the maintainers should seek out co-maintainers or just be orphaning the software packages they are not interested in. If it does happen for a shorter periods, others can act as a buffer to avoid the problem lingering for our user"

Rahul