Re: Fedora Release Engineering Meeting Recap 2008-07-14

John Poelstra wrote:
Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-jul-14

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Spins as Features ==
* Some pushback from folks that think it is too much work to create a feature page

This is a complete mischaracterization of my concerns which has nothing to do at all with the work involved.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-July/msg00724.html

Specifically:

* FESCo voted to not classify spins as a feature. If that decision is to be reversed, I would prefer FESCo vote again.

* There is a differentiation between the spins such as desktop and KDE and others and I want to make sure that difference gets incorporated into the process so spin maintainers are aware where to look to understand the difference and what it would take to be reclassified.

Rahul