Re: process wakeups

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:39:41 -0700
Ulrich Drepper <drepper redhat com> wrote:

> > Applications that do this should do it at
> > relatively low frequency, and where possible (ie, almost always)
> > use g_timeout_add_seconds or equivalent functionality.
>
> I assume this refers to the same thing Arjan tried to do: group
> wakeups of multiple waiters together.  He can probably recall the
> details more easily than I can.

g_timeout_add_seconds() is what I did ;-)

it's not ideal (it doesn't allow for a range, and it only works for
glib based apps).. but it's the best we have for userspace so far.
we really ought to do a range based timeout (or a precision specifier)

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan linux intel com
visit http://www.lesswatts.org