Re: No answer to easy bug policy

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 11:39 -0400, Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
> Ya'll have mentioned the issue of maintainers drowning in bugzilla
> spam... and the majority of maintainers seem not to know and/or care how
> to filter their mail... so why not do it for them? Why not use the list
> of package maintainers and send a bug report only to those who are
> maintainers for said package? (This can be easily modified to add the
> list of CCs to those included in the bug report list)
> A.) This would cut down on the amount of bugzilla spam each maintainer
> has to sort through
> B.) This can be an option set in the users preferences that can be
> turned off if desired.
> C.) Will, likely, reduce the amount of time it takes to fix bugs.

I think you misunderstood the problem.  The mails that we are talking
about /are/ the bugzilla mails directed specifically at individuals or
specific mailing lists for that package.  For some maintainers/software
even that is far far too much, across every active Fedora/RHEL variant.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!