Re: Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 16:40 +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> > It doesn't have to be, but it might be nice.
>
> Hmm, but "it might be nice" isn't a sufficient reason for me to enforce
> unchangeable tags -- "it has built successfully" would be, though. Or
> rather, let the successful build trigger the tagging of the built
> revision.

That's why you have something other than the human apply the immutable
tag.

The buildsystem would build from the <sha> sum that wouldn't ever
change.  Once a build is actually successful, the n-v-r of that build is
immutable tagged to the matching <sha> sum by some bot running in the
build infrastructure.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!