Heads-up: brand new RPM version about to hit rawhide

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 15:24:56 UTC 2008

Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> In short, I deal with a single tool to handle everything regarding
> development.

Be careful of this advantage, though.  It works when you deal with git
exclusively for all your packages but for the majority of our packagers,
we'll have to deal with a minimum of two vcses and methodologies.  I
deal with upstream who has svn, cvs, none, hg, and bzr.  So if we did
good exploded tree support I'd need to work with dist-cvs, hg, and bzr
locally.

(And saying: "Don't convert your other packages" is extremely hard for a
variety of reasons:

1) Since you aren't the only maintainer, you may not have a choice.
2) When packages are passed back and forth between maintainers, you end
up with a very disjoint history if you let them switch in and out of
upstream VCS arbitrarily.
)

-Toshio