Re: handling a 'debug' or 'development' setting

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 06:24:27PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> We should have a generic framework for running in a 'debug'
> or 'development' mode that does extra debugging at the sake
> of some minimal amount of performance.

 I guess there are many packages where you can enable extra checks
 (mem checks, assert code, ...) -- for example PostgreSQL, glib, ...

 It would be nice to have a generic way to enable/disable this stuff
 in spec files.

%configure \
    --enable-foo \
%if %{develmode}