Re: Proposal: Improving SELinux <--> user interaction on Fedora - Kerneloops for SELinux

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:19:07 -0500
"Arthur Pemberton" <pemboa gmail com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh redhat com>
> > John Dennis designed setroubleshoot to be able to send its messages
> > to an upstream collector, it seems to me that adding a button to
> > report the message upstream would be easy.  The problem is where is
> > the upstream infrastructure to handle all the messages.
> >
> > dwalsh redhat com   Is probably not a good place.
>

> I would think not. Does the infrastructure team have any web service
> or sorts that can accept these log messages?

Probably not, but it sounds like a fairly easy turbogears project.  The
data is in XML?  Is the format defined anywhere?  The app would need to
process the XML to check for duplicates, and display the results.  If
the format is well-defined and we can say "If fields x, y, and z are
the same, then this is a duplicate report", then it should be nearly
trivial.

-RN

--
Robin Norwood