Proposal: Improving SELinux <--> user interaction on Fedora - Kerneloops for SELinux

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 17 23:26:23 UTC 2008

I'd say I am a pretty knowledgeable Linux user. However, when I see an
AVC denial, and the recommended chcon doesn't fix it, I'm pretty much
lost! I need to launch that server or that application NOW, and
selinux is stopping that ... and the policy won't be fixed for days,
it won't even be fixed at all if that's a 3rd party app! I need
something to help me launch my apps if I so choose! a 95% selinux
protected system, is so much better than one with it disabled, which
what I always seem to end up doing to get my work done!

PS: To all security-aholics, helping the user launch his apps and get
his work done, is every bit as important as having a well secured
system, if not a tad bit more important