Re: Issue with re- or unbranding

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Jeroen van Meeuwen (kanarip kanarip com) said:
Resulting in "Welcome to Fedora" when a machine boots -both Live Media and Installation media.

No biggy, but I'm not sure whether replacing the contents of /etc/fedora-release (from fedora-release) would give my any trouble, and if so, whether we need to replace fedora-release when rebranding as well.

The idea is that if you're adding packages, etc., you'd be pointing
at your own repos, in which case you already want to modify *-release.

This problem is the case where you just want to rebrand, not including other packages or doing anything non-Fedora. For example, live spins that have not been approved by the Board yet, will want to:

%packages
-fedora-logos
+generic-logos
%end

and the machine booting the live media would still show "Welcome to Fedora". Can one safely do:

%post
sed -i -e "s/Fedora/Generic/g" /etc/fedora-release
%end

?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen