Re: Heads up - Mono

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 22:37 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:

> If we can manage to push it out as one big update, then I don't see
> how having the same mono stack, with all the fixes that has gone into
> Mono 2.0 would be a bad thing.

Cramming major-version updates of default system components into a
stable release is not something to be done lightly. Fedora 10 is only 3
months away; I think this should wait 'til then, unless someone can
convince me it's worth the pain of breaking ABI and rebuilding a whole
mess of packages.

"It's newer!" isn't a very strong argument.

-w