Re: Another xulrunner breakage [Re: Broken dependencies in Fedora 9 - 2008-07-19]

Le samedi 19 juillet 2008 à 14:05 +0200, Martin Sourada a écrit :

> Next, there should be some policy in pushing such updates for stable
> releases. I mean, what is the point in releasing security update for
> xulrunner while it cannot be installed due to tons of broken deps?

Also, why the hell is this stuff not tested in -devel first?
We have a packageset which is rushed to stable with little testing.
And we have a packageset which is left rotting in rawhide till the
release deadlines toll.

Do anyone really thinks there is not relation?

When the update process is not streamlined in -devel, it's no surprise
it bombs in -stable when security updates are due.

--
Nicolas Mailhot