Re: Another xulrunner breakage [Re: Broken dependencies in Fedora 9 - 2008-07-19]

2008/7/19 drago01 <drago01 gmail com>:
2008/7/19 Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas mailhot laposte net>:
> Le samedi 19 juillet 2008 à 14:05 +0200, Martin Sourada a écrit :
>
>> Next, there should be some policy in pushing such updates for stable
>> releases. I mean, what is the point in releasing security update for
>> xulrunner while it cannot be installed due to tons of broken deps?
>
> Also, why the hell is this stuff not tested in -devel first?

Because it was secutity related fix, so it has to hit stable asap.

The obvious problem with this approach is naturally that people like myself who have epiphany installed, will not get the update asap because it is rushed into the repos without properly handling the dependencies. The rapid update policy for security fixes should apply equally to all users.