Re: Strange mock behaviour - buildrequires in the host?

On Saturday 19 July 2008, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Martin Langhoff
>
> <martin langhoff gmail com> wrote:
> > - In step 4 - the host environment not having httpd should not affect
> > the build chroot.
>
> Debugged this -- and mock is not to blame. The build scripts I have
> first build the source package outsider the mock chroot and then use
> mock to build the binaries.
>
> Any reason rpmbuild -bs checks dependencies?
add a --nodeps   and it wont

> > - In step 3, I was expecting the rpmbuild running the "install" target
> > inside mock to be using fakeroot or something similar.
>
> This is still puzzling. Why does the `make install` in mock not get
> wrapped by a fakeroot-ish trick?
it installs into a directory on its own  you need to support DEST=  in your
makefiles.  it gets installed into its own tree.

If you have ideas of features you would like to see in rpm  go to rpm.org  and
work upstream to get them in :)

--
Dennis Gilmore