Packaging nss-ldapd for fedora

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Mon Jul 21 08:28:22 UTC 2008

Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi> writes:
>

>> Seems like a better solution than nss-ldap..
>>

> <rant>
> For the beginning, it would be really nice when Fedora 9 and RHEL 5.2
> get a *working* nss_ldap and nscd.  Current situation makes it nearly
> impossible to use LDAP NSS with a recent RH distribution :(
> </rant>
>

> Enrico

Enrico, could you expand on the issues you see with nss_ldap under
Fedora. I have recently done some work on the Kerberos ticket handling
in nss_ldap and am now not seeing major problems with this combination.
I do still see failures in the nss_ldap code occassionally but I think
this is in the use of the kerberos/gssapi/sasl/ldap libraries rather
than the code itself. Have yet to pin this down. So any more information
would be nice. Howard.