Re: Packaging nss-ldapd for fedora

Enrico Scholz wrote:
Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik iki fi> writes:

Seems like a better solution than nss-ldap..

<rant>
For the beginning, it would be really nice when Fedora 9 and RHEL 5.2
get a *working* nss_ldap and nscd.  Current situation makes it nearly
impossible to use LDAP NSS with a recent RH distribution :(
</rant>

Enrico

Enrico, could you expand on the issues you see with nss_ldap under Fedora. I have recently done some work on the Kerberos ticket handling in nss_ldap and am now not seeing major problems with this combination. I do still see failures in the nss_ldap code occassionally but I think this is in the use of the kerberos/gssapi/sasl/ldap libraries rather than the code itself. Have yet to pin this down. So any more information would be nice. Howard.