Packaging nss-ldapd for fedora

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Mon Jul 21 10:10:33 UTC 2008

Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Howard Wilkinson <howard at cohtech.com> writes:
>

>> Enrico, could you expand on the issues you see with nss_ldap under
>> Fedora.
>>

> after some time, bash hangs while expanding e.g. ~en<tab>; koji/bodhi
> hang uninterruptible (only 'kill -9' helps; ^Z + ^C are not working)
> when nscd is not running (which segfaults periodically).
>
> Bugzilla is full with deep-red reports against nss_ldap :(
>

> Enrico

Enrico,

can you point me at the bugzilla reports please. I have been following
the ones on pdal but if there is another source I would like to see it.

Do the problems you see occur when using kerberos to autheticate to the
ldap server? Or are they in another path? You may need to set
"bind_policy soft" to get rid of the hangs.

Things that need some attention in nss_ldap include the ability to fail
over to a second ldap server, which may be your real problem.

Anyway, the version I run is 259 with my patches for the kerberos
library included (see PDAL bugzilla 298) and I get occassional segfaults
from nscd but otherwise it works nicely with kerberos keytabs and file
based tickets. I have yet to test memory based tickets.

Howard.