Re: consolidating on gnupg2 in F10

Steve Grubb wrote:
On Friday 18 July 2008 09:11:21 Rex Dieter wrote:
Bill Nottingham wrote:
For a really long time now, we've shipped both gnupg and gnupg2
in Fedora. In fact, in Fedora 9 a relatively standard install will
get both installed.
It appears a good number of these can be ported to gnupg2, if not
all of them. Should we wire up a feature page?
Imo, yes, it's a worthy goal to get these ported so that at least gnupg(1)
doesn't land in any default install.

fyi, here's my inquiry upstrem on whether it's possible or a good idea to
try dropping gnupg1:
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2008-July/024485.html

answer: probably not a good idea.

Why did you come to that conclusion? We don't support IDEA and Suse did mention that they have switched to only GPG2. The only caution is around gpg-agent.

based on Werner Koch's response:
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2008-July/024490.html

"You should don't remove gnupg-1 from a distribution..."

shrug, I'm ok either way.

-- Rex