RFC: Exploded source repo layouts

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 14:58:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 16:55 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 July 2008 at 10:16, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> > Hans de Goede wrote:
> > >
> > ><lots of complicated hacks and workarounds deleted>
> [...]
> > >It seems there are a few people who are a big fan of this, and about as
> > >much active opponents. I have no problems with adding the possibility to
> > >use a distributed VCS with exploded trees to the mix of ways to maintain
> > >and build packages, but this should not replace the current nice and
> > >simple setup we have.
> > >

> > Noone has proposed replacing the existing setup, so the rest of your
> > email can safely be delegated to /dev/null.
>
> Let me provide the missing quote then:

> If that doesn't touch our existing setup then fine, but I'm afraid
> Doug really meant what he wrote.

Actually, no.  For Makefile.dist-CVS, it is the same as it used to be.
Same make targets, same functionality, same, same, same.  It's
Makefile.repo-git that gets included in the exploded source's top level
Makefile, and *that's* where you have new make targets and such.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at