Re: Intel moves moblin MIDs from Ubuntu to Fedora!

yersinia wrote:
For me it is interesting the reason

" Dirk Hohndel, Intel's director of Linux and open-source strategy, told /The Reg/ there was no falling out with Ubuntu, but the move to Fedora was a technical decision based *on the desire to adopt RPM for package management*.
"

I personally find the following reason much more interesting:

'He added: "The other thing we thought about was Moblin one wasn't successful in creating this community push - having a vibrant community push is the winning factor."'

I think we (Jeff ?) should contact this guy explain we have a very vibrant community with plenty of interested contributers and that we would really like to see most (iow not any proprietary stuff) of the moblin work happening at the Fedora level, using the Fedora infra.

So Jeff, your always good with words, do you feel like contacting Dirk Hohndel?

Regards,

Hans