Re: A PackageKit browser plugin

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:
> Email notifications to package owners when comments are made is almost
> certainly a desirable feature. Catch me or robin on IRC if you want to
> discuss things in more detail.

Email.. take it or leave it. Some people will think its noise..
there's no win-win for email notification as a feature.

What I care about is trying to minimize the number of different web
interfaces that I or any other contributor needs to interact with to
get things done..including communicating with users about the specific
packages.  We already have a web interface for packagedb related
items. Is this new interface that you are working on meant to be a
replacement to what we currently have at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/ ?  Or is it meant to supplement
it?  I would strongly suggest working towards replacing the current
interface that both contributors and users are expected to interact
with. If I'm going to be expected to use the existing
interface...while users are expected to use a new and completely
different interface...we've widened the communication gap..even with
email notifications turned on.

-jef