strace trap tool needed?

Hi,

a little tool came up to my mind today: How about the possibility to
strace a given binary upon execution and write the output to some file?
That could be easy to do (I've already roughly written the code down),
so I am not going to make a package of it.

To demonstrate my idea:
if you invoke the script like:

trap-strace /usr/bin/less -o /tmp/less.strace

after invoking less you cat /tmp/less.strace to see what was going on.

Does anyone else need such a tool?
If so, what package could collect it, and what constraints (language,
i/o, etc.) should it comply with?