Re: Strange mock behaviour - buildrequires in the host?

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org> wrote:
> The fix for this is to remove (patch out) the "-o httpd" option from the
> install section of the Makefile (the chown won't work as a non-root user,
> and RPMs should always be built as non-root users), and instead use %attr in
> the spec file's %files section to indicate that the installed file should be

Thanks! I hadn't seen the reply earlier - probably due to the odd
reply-to settings in the list). This is the same conclusion I came to.

For tools other software tools that expect to chown from within their
Makefile, this is probably a bit awkward.

> This method will mean that you don't need to buildrequire httpd too

Yes. Removed that one too.

thanks!

martin
--
 martin langhoff gmail com
 martin laptop org -- School Server Architect