Re: [packagekit] A PackageKit browser plugin

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
Colin Walters <walters <at> verbum.org> writes:
> Well, keep in mind that this isn't the same target use case as the pk shared
> libraries; i.e. nothing except Firefox-derived codebases is going to be
> linking in Firefox extensions.

Is it an extension or a traditional plugin? Other browsers, such as Konqueror,
can also load classic Mozilla plugins (but not Firefox extensions, of course).

Actually you're right, it is a plugin and not an extension.  However I think the generic-interface exception would apply here (i.e. it doesn't count as linking).