Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 13:42:05 UTC 2008

* Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> [20080728 15:10]:
[snip]
> It surely was on-topic here to talk about whether unfree binary blobs
> should be included in Fedora.

About the technical implementation, sure. How do you 'devel'op the
mechanism to separate out the firmware and still be able to deliver
it.

> Do we really want to say that if any ethical question arises during
> discussion on Fedora lists, people may not address it?

Then migrate the subsequent flame-fest and inflamatory statements to
fedora-political, fedora-flames or fedora-legal ? Let it rot in peace
in obscurity, where such quasi-religious discussions belong.

The .advocacy groups on usenet is well known for being the playground
to hone your argumentation skills. Do we want fedora-list (where users
ask for help) or fedora-devel (where serious development discussions
are supposed to take place) to be this playground?

I'd be somewhat surprised if anyone answered yes to that question.

/Anders