kdebluetooth4... update? new review?

Hello all,

I'm maintaining the kdebluetooth package.
While working under F8/KDE3.5, the package is hopelessly broken under
F9/KDE4. (Due to various reasons; not all of them fixable).
Luckily for me, mere minutes before I was about to orphan/EOL it (due to
upstream's early death), the kdebluetooth team woke up and released a
new version, kdebluetooth4 (QT4/KDE4) which is an early alpha release.
(v0.1)

Two questions:
A. Does major version bump require a new review?
B. Should I push an early alpha as an update that obsoletes an existing,
yet broken package?

- Gilboa